Hi Peter,

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 22:42:58 +0100GMT (01/04/2000, 05:42 +0800GMT),
Peter Steiner wrote:

>> The "received" time should apparently be equal to the *latest*
>> time stamp found in the Received: headers, IMO. If implemented
>> this way, many problems would have gone forever...

PS> Are we talking about the mailbox file format? From my understanding
PS> the Received time is the time in the first line of each message (the
PS> one starting with "From "). But when importing MSG files (one
PS> message = one file) TB! should offer your method as an option
PS> (probably the default instead of using the actual time)

What Alex suggests is in my understanding showing the "received" time
as stamped by the pop server. TB, on the other hand, uses the time
when it (TB) receives the mail. Thus, it is currently quite consistent
- if annoying.

So, when importing mail, and only then, this option might make sense:
compromising consistency for usability. I don't think it is necessary
to make it one message = one file.

--

Just my two-cents' worth,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.38e
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.