Hi there!

On 12 Jan 00, at 18:29, Steve Lamb wrote
    about "Re: suggestion- / wish-list":

> > I believe it's normal, if you don't think so, it's your problem.
> > Furthermore, if your favourite vim doesn't support DDE, it's another *your*
> > problem (and problem of other vim users under Windoze)...
>
>     Let's compare.  Which has been around longer?  Calling an editor with a
> command-line of what file you want to edit or calling an editor through DDE.
>
>     Case closed.

Nope;-) DDE is *not* the way to *call* editor, in our case it's more of a way
for the *editor* to call e-mail client! For example, I've made a toolbar button in
WinEdt that runs the following script:

      DDEOpen("c:\pmail\winpm-32.exe", "WinPMail", "Message");
      DDEPoke("Message", "New: Window");
      DDEPoke("Message", "Urgent: Y");
      DDEPoke("Message", "Mime: Y");
      DDEPoke("Message", "Attach: %f,-,-,0");
      DDEPoke("Message", "Restore");
      DDEClose;
End;

Clicking on this button launchs Pegasus (or activates it if it's already running),
starts a new message and attaches the currently edited file to this message,
then, finally, brings Pegasus on top. What's left is to address the message
properly and click "Send". Now try doing all this with commandline.

BTW, in the example above the file gets attached, but one can easily modify
the macro above to put the file to the *body* of the message. It's *easy*!

And all the problems are eliminated this way: you neither need to close the
editor nor do something else: just click the button (or press a hotkey, which
can be easily assigned to it).

Now what's needed for this to work with TB? Nothing in particular, *only* DDE.

Dixi.

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---