Hi there!

On 13 Jan 00, at 17:15, Alex Sanyukovitch wrote
    about "Re[2]: suggestion- / wish-list":

> Just wonder why you ALWAYS have this filed doubled?

Some server on the route adds another one. When the message leaves this
machine, it has:

Why? I don't know. What for? Don't know. It's a bug, but a bug down the
route. I have no control over this, and besides, it's nothing wrong with it:-)

> AVK> Finally, who told you DDE is obsolete? M$? Half of OS/2 is based on DDE,
> AVK> and it *works* much better, then any of the M$ creatures;-)

> I  just  had  a  lot  of  *sex*  with DDE once ;-)) (In MSVC++, not in
> Delphi). Finally I gave up and have implemented all with OLE...

Which means that my guess was half-right;-) I don't use MSVC, and I even
almost don't know C at all (shame on me;-)), but "they say" it is buggy as far
as DDE support is concerned;-) Just look how their own programs do DDE
(e.g. Word via WordBasic;-))

> >> There are a lot of BETTER  methods  -- OLE,
>
> AVK> No, don't say OLE is better a method;-) Do you *really* think so???
>
> I *know* that ;-))

Well, I tend to just trust you on this: I've never studied it in details, just looked
at basics -- and didn't like it. Normal M$ mess, IMHO, but here I'm very
probably wrong;-)

> AVK> That's a perfect point, I've been making it for months already;-)

> Mmm... what do you mean? You've asked RIT about DDE in TB?

I definitely did. This was supported by some others here, too. No answer
sofar;-(

> Well,  some months ago I tried to implement editing in external editor
> for  The  Bat!.  I  just made a hook on opening of "Edit Mail Message"
> window.  When editor closes, all data are moved to TB window.

Senseless IMHO. I'm not going to close WinEdt just in order to get the text
sent:-) I'd better just press my Pegasus-DDE button;-)

> But  when  RIT  claimed  that  in  TB  2.0  it will be possible to use
> external  editor, it became not interesting for me to continue work in
> this field...

We haven't seen yet, *how* they are going to support it. IMO, they just needn't
provided that they add DDE to their scripting (which has been announced as
being planned for ver.2, too). But well, let's just wait and see...

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---