Hi,

I'm afraid I keep switching between TB! and another email client
due to a problem I have viewing attachments in TB! (see
description below).

I keep coming back to TB!, however, as I love the fact that I
can be virtually always learning about its vast list of
features.

Here is the situation:

Most of my mail is directly through my ISP, Netcom, with which I
have no difficulties.

However, I also have an email address at the workplace
(hospital), which uses Novell Groupwise (I'm not sure of the
version but I know it's the latest). All of my hospital email is
forwarded to my Netcom account, which facilitates checking while I
am travelling (Netcom access is widespread).

The hospital messages show up as an attachment "untitled.msg",
which I can usually double-click and view in the Bat!. However,
occasionally the message appears blank, and the size indicator
in the upper right corner of the viewing window shows that the
message is only 1-2 bytes. In contrast, the size indicated for
the attachment itself is usually thousands of bytes, when it is
shown to the left of the main message window.

If I save such attachments to and look at them with an editor
they are readable, and appear to be simple text files.

I've even had such "untitled.msg" files be 60-100K, yet blank in
the Bat! when double-clicked. When saved and viewed in TextPad,
they have been uuencoded pictures or word processor files.

I have never seen this with Calypso (yet I prefer TB!), and
some of the attachments would be important not to lose. It's
also a pain to dig up Wincode to decode the uuencoded files.

Has anyone else experienced this?

--
   Thanks,

    Mike Harlos