On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:16:58 -0500, Grant Baxter wrote:

[..snip..]

> No, not really. Anyone (like me) that has interests in things that
> span both newsgroups and maillists, would like (as I do) to be able to
> file pertinent info from both newsgroups _and_ maillists into the same
> folder. For example, I build robots. There are some enlightening
> messages in both the robotics newsgroup, and the BasicX maillist
> pertaining to sonar detection. I would like to file both sets of
> messages into the "Sonar Solutions" folder.

    Er, import export operations perhaps? Sounds tedious but two dedicated
specialized apps work far better than one happy combo. This is a rule that
doesn't seem to be breakable. Some feel that TB! may be the first. I don't
think so. Hey Steve, I decided to give X-News a 'longer length of rope'
and it was worth it. :)

    The rewards of two separate apps will outweigh the hassle of moving
keeping similar mail and news together through regular import/export
operations. TB! imports Agent messages with ease. :) Yes, I used the Agent
combo for sometime myself but realized that Agent failed quite
substantially on the e-mail side. It also fails quite markedly on the news
side as well with it's inability to support multiple servers without
having to run multiple instances ..... enter X-News. :)

--
-=Allie=-                 | Using The Bat! v1.39
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | Windows NT4.0 (Service Pack 6)