Hello Nick Danger,
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:56:41 -0600 GMT your local time,
which was Tuesday, January 18, 2000, 10:56:41 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Nick Danger wrote:

Nick> In Reference to "External editor (was:Re: suggestion- / wish-list)" From Steve
Lamb:

>>> I  don't need excellent editor for editing mail. I am quite happy with
>>> mediocre one. The main thing I want from it -- speed.

SL>>     That is you.  You're not me and, well, the other 6 billion people on this
SL>> planet.

Nick> Hey, put me down on the side of speed. Now we're 2 against
Nick> 6,000,000,000 and a force to be reckoned with!!

If the speed difference is visible, what about a hardware
upgrade/ram???

What about making an advanced/simple toggle.
Those who donot want to use the advanced features toggle them off..  (g)
If you hardware is adequate you shouldnt see the difference.

I just had a friend bringing me a repair job, a kind of sentimental
one.
Its my own old 486-50 I sold him well, MANY years ago with a 120 and 220 mb
hard disk.
He just blew the 'big' drive...
After having visited the local shops he came to me.
Its back working with a 1.2 gb drive (even if the bios doesnt agree
with it). Even still has a years warantee left...
I unstalled his sw.
Even THAT old thing is fast enough to run ofice 97 without user
complaints about speed..
Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.39