Hello The Bat! bug sufferers

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:43:39 -0800, Januk Aggarwal wrote:

>>>From             original                with whatever

>  Ok, this is weird, when I was composing the above message, I know I
>  did not put the > symbol in front of the word From.  But when I sent
>  it and it came back through the list, From was replaced with >From.
>  This has happened in the last two messages of mine in this thread.
>  Any ideas why?

I guess the why was fully explained in the rest of the thread.

There is more to this bug. Try exporting the message you have
composed (not the one you got back from the list) to a Unix mailbox
file and then reimport it. The message will be cut just before this
line starting with "From ", because TB! failed to prepend this line
 with a '>'. Of course TB! misses stripping these '>' not only when
receiving mail, but when importing from Unix mailboxes too :-(

This bug was reported more than a month ago and i wonder if it will
ever be fixed. You almost never hear a comment from Ritlabs when you
submit a bug. Sometimes you read in an interview (the one from Leif)
that there is no remedy for a bug without losing compatibility (as
with the threading bugs, the problem seems to be the message base
format). The annoying received time bugs probably fall in the same
category, but nobody ever told that.

I we were told, we could stop trying to reproduce old bugs when a
new beta or release comes out, because we'd know to wait until

But I'm pretty sure that this "From " bug could be fixed without
touching the message base format. Now lets ask the oracle from
Delphi if it will be fixed in TB 1.40...

Regards

Peter (using TB! 1.39 S/N BB892117 under NT 4.0 SP4)
--
Peter Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        PGP-ID 0x02850F53 (DH/DSS)
PGP Fingerprint 68AB D08E D995 41B4 C6FD  639D 9B94 D249 0285 0F53