A Chara Allie,

AM>         Tools|Export|Message files.

AM> After exporting, each file may be viewed with a simple text editor.

Manythanks Allie. I was aware of the Tools|Options|Export option in
TB! but I was hoping for a slightly better way, a way that would save
me having to rename all the emails individually to something relevant
(as Paula pointed out).

It would be nice if you could use a combination of the 'Subject' and
'From' fields for generating exported emails and then simply adding
(1); (2); etc. for filename duplicates...Oleg!

So the gist of it all seems to be that there are no comprehensive
exporting features in TB! - Just like many other email clients. Be
nice if someone realized that people really do save their emails and
therefore need some way of exporting and indexing them at the same
time. If I named all my Word documents with the format 00000001.doc I
would never be able to find what I was looking for as my \doc folder
currently has over 3000 files in it (spread throughout various sub
folders). So I use a naming convention that allows me to index the
files for easy later retrieval.

Even it the .msg files could be optionally prefixed with a folder name
that would be something. For example, if you have a mail filter for
'Jon' and all mail is directed to his folder you could then export his
mail from his folder with a prefix like 'jon_00001.msg'  Easy for one
or tow at a time but a pain for anything over ten!

I do like TB! and prefer it to all I have used. But that doesn't mean
that it couldn't do with a few extra features here and there!

Take care,

 Simon                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

L’homme est bien insensé. Il ne saurait forger un ciron, et forge des Dieux à
douzaines!

(Man is quite insane. He cannot create a maggot, and he creates Gods by the dozen)

MONTAIGNE 1533-1592