On Saturday, March 11, 2000, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

>>> Sending Bcc's to the other addresses I consider a bug, or at the
>>> very least, an undesirable feature.

PF>> It's not a bug. It works as intended. Whether it's an undesirable
PF>> feature depends on the user, I guess.

> I use seperate addressbook entries for Some Friend/Home and Some
> Friend/Work. This works fine, and is easy.

Me too, but there is some efficacy to having all of someone's e-mails
addresses in one entry. For example, with more than one entry, you have
to devise handles for each one that can become difficult to remember. I
have quite a few people in my address book that have 3 addresses and
some that have more - thanks to web mail.

> I think if I insterted more than one address in one address book
> entry, I would mean to send the message to all addresses.

That makes sense, but I think it would be better to put all the
addresses in the TO field, so that the user would be more likely to see
what it is happening. The recipient also sees that the message has been
mailed to more than one of the e-mails addresses. Of course, I suppose
you could use this feature to set up a long list of addresses (is there
a limitation on the number of addresses?) for a group. That's the only
case, though, where I'd think that you'd want the addresses to go into
the BCC field. I think this would be the exception, though.

--
Paula Ford
The Bat! 1.41 (reg)