On Saturday, March 11, 2000, Marck D. Pearlstone wrote:

AR>> I think, this is a definite bug.

> I disagree. IMHO, this is the way this feature works in TB. If you
> want auto BCCs to extra addresses, supply them in a single address
> book entry for an individual. If not, create separate entries:

>      Fred (home)
>      Fred (work)

> It's pretty easy and all options are covered that way.

For as long as I've been using TB, I did not realize that this it what
it does with several addresses added for one address book entry, since I
don't normally display the BCC. The few folks for whom I do have
multiple addresses have never mentioned to me that I was spamming them -
god love 'em.

One of my first questions to this list was about what could be done with
the multiple addresses, which at that time no one seemed to know or
wasn't telling. (If it's been discussed since on the list, I missed it.
I confess that I don't always read every word of every message.) Even
were the documentation updated, this behavior is not going to be readily
apparent to users. If the primary intended use were, as you suggest, to
send an e-mail to all of one person's addresses, I can't see what the
devloper's reasoning would be in putting the addresses in the BCC. This
makes more sense to me if they were thinking, as I mentioned in other
reply, that this feature could be used for mailing to a group of people,
where the user didn't want to enter the address for each person in the
group separately. If that is not their reasoning, I think they ought to
have all addresses entered in the TO field, where the user is more
likely to notice them.

But, I still think having it function as a way to pick an address would
be more useful. If you want to send to all of a person's addresses, pick
them all. Covered either way without having to make multiple entries for
a person, which may not be a simple as "Fred (home)" and "Fred (work)".
I have some people in my address book that have so many e-mail
addresses, I put them in their own groups. :)

--
Paula Ford
The Bat! 1.41 (reg)