On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 01:33:18 +0800, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

> Q: Why would you download TB if you are already running it?
> A: Because you know an update is available.

        Or you're downloading it for the first time off a mirror site
and aren't really sure which is the latest version. At 0.5kbit/s you
wait for it to come down. Subscribe to TBUDL, only to realise that you
downloaded an earlier release. Drats. You wouldn't have known either.
No version number attached.

> Q: Why would you download TB if you have already updated, thus
> probably downloading the same version you have already on your machine?
> A: I don't know.  ;-)

        What tipped me to the final release is that I went to look at
ftp.ritlabs.com to see what this thing about the download being 3MB
was about. I noted that the full install download was a file dated the
10th of March. Very recent. Most likely an unannounced update (I mean
unannounced on list). So I downloaded it and I was right. Earlier, I
had downloaded another copy of version 1.39 following the same
reasoning. I guess they were refreshing the folder or something,
<shrug> but the same version had two different dates.

--
 CU, Allie ...
Using The Bat! v1.41 *:* Windows NT5 (Build 2195 )