Christopher, dia duit!

On Sunday 15/03/2000 you posted the following comments to Nick @
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

<big scissor snip>

C> I  asked for this change long long ago, but I was told that this is to
C> ensure  that  all  the  links  always refer to the newest version. And
C> after  some  thinking  I  must agree with this, especially now, when I
C> started  Polish  support  pages for TB and benefit from half-automatic
C> upgrading  of  the  file  on my server (full automation on its way)...
C> The constant filename really has its benefits!

For users who autodownload the file from the same server each time I can't
see that a filename change would serve any purpose; makes no difference
really. However, for users who visually check FTP for the file, then perhaps
a plaintext file named with the current version number could be placed in
the folder so that everyone can identify the release. Beyond that, the
executable could contain the version information ;)

Slán anois,

 Simon      send private mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Usin' TB! version: 1.41 <!-- & registered //-->
M$ Winblows version: 4.10.2222 A  <!-- Second Edition //-->

" A judge admonished the police in Radnor, Pa., for pretending a Xerox copy
machine was a lie detector. Officials had placed a metal colander on the
head of a suspect and attached the colander to the copier with metal wires.
In the copy machine was a typewritten message: "He's lying." Each time
investigators received answers they didn't like, they pushed the copy button
and out popped the message, "He's lying." Apparently convinced the machine
was accurate, the suspect confessed. "