Hello!

Friday, March 17, 2000, 2:31, Michael Wieczorek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

MW> I'm insecure what I can say... :-)

Why you think you are insecure?

<lost>

MW> On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 03:20:00 +0300 GMT, Alexander V. Kiselev wrote:
MW> (at my local time: 16.03.2000, 01:20:00 +0100 GMT)

<lost>

AVK>> Note the _absence_ of the return-path: field. The latter field is added by the
AVK>> "transport system that deliveres message to the recipient", not by the
AVK>> originator (in this case, me, or, better to say, TB;-))

MW> It is strange that _TB_ set the return-path...

Don't worry, this field can be changed by MTA on the way your mail goes.

MW> (C) The problem - _my_ problem :-) is that my provider reject mails
MW> which "return-path" is not the "From:"-address to avoid spamming or other ugly
MW> things.

Really? Seems to be strange. The common ISP practice is to check the
following:

1. An IP address from which you are trying to connect to their servers;
2. HELO or EHLO commands argument;
3. MAIL FROM command argument;
4. RCPT TO command argument.

MW>  So the "Reply-To"-entry in the "Edit User"-dialog is useless
MW> for me... :-(  But I need this feature.

Have you contacted your ISP sysadmin about this issue and their
restrictions on Reply-To header?

--

Best regards,                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris)      http://www.andris.msk.ru/