On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 11:35:02 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>> The problem is that the people reading have to be asumed lazy, stupid
>> etc etc and if you make it any way complicated, they go elswhere...

>     Bully for them.  If we stuck to standards then they'd have nowhere to go
> and they'd have to, OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, learn.

        Remember that your objective is to run a business and provide your
customers goods and/or services. If they can get their goods via a route
which doesn't make them have to learn something (I mean they're already
forking over hard cash), then they'll certainly do so rather than through
a business man who says that they have to learn to ftp this or that.

        Take for example, businesses lose money, per sale, when they
accept credit card payments rather than cash/cheque. They're however,
willing to take the loss, per sale, because they end up making more from
the increased sales. This is based on the fact that more people will buy
with a credit card and the smaller profit adds up in the end. The same
goes for the decreased efficiency of sending attachments via e-mail. It's
simpler for the customer. It basically follows the dictum that the
customer is always right. :)

--
© Allie
---