On Saturday, May 27, 2000, 3:24:42 PM, Chuck Mattsen wrote:

> I'm sure there are reasons of which I'm simply unaware, but why cannot
> one simply have their multiple addresses on *one* key?  Why the need
> for multiple keys?

Although PGP allows for more than one User name or E-Mail address for use
with the same Key Pair (Private and Public Key), it allows for only one of
them to be a primary identifier. Most Users have specific security
concerns that are not addressed by having just the one Key Pair, and so
you see a lot of Key Pairs with only one address associated with it. It
has more to do with signing, encrypting and verification concerns than
anything else.

Nick