Hi Nick,

On Friday, June 03, 2011, at 1:44:58 AM PST, you wrote:

> OT: I fear for the future of our lovely e-mail program.

As do I, but I'm not even thinking about Iphone apps and such.

The most stable TB! version I've ever used was v2.12, which I held
onto for much longer than most people before "updating" (I
specifically refrain from using the term "upgrading").

Filtering and its associated options has become a true pain, where
before it was very powerful, and everything worked as expected. System
resource usage also seems to become more cumbersome as each new
version is released. Since moving on to v4.x, I've submitted bug
issues, and have received totally unsatisfactory responses...until
they just stopped responding at all. No solutions.

I'll keep using TB!, as I do still like it more than most other email
clients I've tried or used, but will now always be wary of "updating".
Also, very unfortunately, I'm much more reluctant to recommend TB! to
new users (just not reliable enough anymore). There was a time when I
sent all sorts of new customers to Ritlabs. That's just not the case
anymore.

--
Melissa

PGP Public Key: http://tinyurl.com/2cmefzy

TB! v4.2.44.2 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2