Hi

On Sunday 12 June 2011 at 1:33:06 AM, in
<mid:1027116106.20110612013...@mail.inboxshield.co.uk>, Si wrote:

> I like v4.2.x, and it works well enough, even with the
> unfixed bugs - many of them should have been dealt with
> before v5 was released however...well IMO of course. I
> ever wouldn't go back to 2.x though.

I'm sticking with 4.0.38 at the moment, despite a couple of minor bugs (that
occasionally affect me) being fixed in newer versions and a couple
that were fixed in previous versions having crept back in. 4.0.38 is
the latest version for a v3 licence and I can't justify to myself
buying an upgrade. I was shafted when I bought my v2 licence 12 days
before v2 was ditched in favour of v3; even so, a few months later I
felt it was worth paying for the improved feature set.

> With
> Thunderbird about and popular I find that most people
> just don't see the point of paying for a proprietary
> email client any longer, even if it is laden with
> features, most of which they'll never use.

Most people I know wouldn't even bother with a free mail client,
because Outlook Express came free with Windows or because they used
webmail.

I tried Thunderbird myself two or three times but never got on with
it. The main issues I had were threading, filtering, and message
templates. I also didn't like look/feel of the user interface,
although I daresay that could be altered to suit if the feature set
made it worth the effort.

> Personally, I feel a bit miffed that RIT released v5
> when there were plenty of issues still to sort out with
> v4. But that's their prerogative. Now I'm stuck at v4
> with the unfixed bugs, which narks me, but I'll live
> with them. I can't see any point in continuing updating
> quite frankly.

Maybe you (and I?) will, in time - see my comment above about v2/v3.
(-;

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:expires2...@ymail.com

It is easy to propose impossible remedies.

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600