Hello Melissa,

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:59:07 -0700 (your time) you said:

> [...] I'm much more reluctant to recommend TB! to new users [...]

I like v4.2.x, and it works well enough, even with the unfixed bugs - many
of them should have been dealt with before v5 was released however...well
IMO of course. I ever wouldn't go back to 2.x though.

And I'll be sticking with TB! 4.2.x for now, for some of the reasons you
give, and also because the latest release...well..., let's just say I won't
be 'updating' to v5 again after trying it and 'downdating' rapidly after
discovering I'd been shafted with an alpha release ;-).

TB! has always had a lot of issues; right back to v1.x I remember this and
the beta list being very, very busy with bug reports and discussions (and
ego-driven drawn out arguments about this and that, and also about TB!'s
rubbish help...or total lack of it. And look how many years it took to get
the help anywhere near sorted. Even so, I got quite a few people using TB!
back then, and my phone was always ringing because of it. Some of those that
switched to TB! have since stopped using it, and others stopped at v2.x and
others at v3.x. Very few moved on to 4.2x. And like you, I don't recommend
it to anyone these days: after this v5 fiasco I definitely won't be
following the RITLabs path any longer. With Thunderbird about and popular I
find that most people just don't see the point of paying for a proprietary
email client any longer, even if it is laden with features, most of which
they'll never use.

Personally, I feel a bit miffed that RIT released v5 when there were plenty
of issues still to sort out with v4. But that's their prerogative. Now I'm
stuck at v4 with the unfixed bugs, which narks me, but I'll live with them.
I can't see any point in continuing updating quite frankly.

--
Si
#23875. I Hews Go New Rod? ¶

Auxiliary Information:
 • The Bat! Pro 4.2.44.2
 • Extended Macro Plugin 1.2.1.0
 • Windows XP Pro 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
 • Scanned by avast! Plugin  DB