I've retitled this to focus on a particular problem.  I have discovered, to
my frustration, that TheBat likes to make extra copies of attachments.
(running version 5.0.20.1).  I have TheBat configured to store all
attachments in a single folder.

Here's what happened.

Someone sends me a file.   TheBat stores this as filename.pdf
I forwarded the file to someone else.  TheBat copies this as filename1.pdf

OK, I understand the concept.  It used to be with older versions of TheBat,
that when I would forward a file, it would "disappear" from the originating
email, which was rather annoying.

But since my work involves receiving and transmitting a lot of stuff....
this means that the attachment folder can grow geometrically, very quickly.

I don't know if there is a fix for this, but I sure wish there were. (For me
it means that I will really have to change my own practices as to how I
handle attachments, something that makes TB rather inconvenient to use)

-Abigail