OK, now I'm really frustrated -- the problem is with TheBat creating
unnecessary duplicates of attachments.

A person mailed me a 1meg file PDF today -- so I've been tracking what
happened to it.  I'll call it newfile.pdf

First, I forwarded newfile.pdf to an outside email.   TheBat created a 2nd
copy  of the file -- so I had:

newfile.pdf
newfile1.pdf

Then, within TheBat, I deleted the attachment from my "sent" mail, returning
me to a single file.

Then my backup ran. I have changed backup settings so that attachments
should NOT be backed up.

Nonethless.... I ended up with 6 (SIX) duplicates:

newfile.pdf
newfile1.pdf
newfile2.pdf
newfile3.pdf
newfile4.pdf
newfile5.pdf
newfile6.pdf

with files 1-6 all showing the same modification stamp.

Obviously this a a bug and not a feature.

So what is causing this and what can I do to address this?

-Abigail