Hi Brian,

On Wednesday, November 16, 2011, at 11:48:11 AM PST, you wrote:

> On answers.microsoft.com forum someone asked a question about
> "Access denied on editing file under c:\program files\" and the
> answer was that in Windows 7 applications are not supposed to store
> user-writable files in the Program Files folder. That's what the
> ProgramData folder is for."

Thank you - that's interesting! :)

> Someone else chimed in that instead of installing the program to the
> Program Files folder to install it to another folder then the
> built-in restrictions on writing to the Program Files folder would
> not apply.

Here's my actual agenda in this regard...

During initial installation, I just wanted an easy place (easy for me
to remember/find) to temporarily store the "Mail" folder, so that once
everything was up and running as I wanted, I would then take that
folder out and put it into an encrypted TrueCrypt volume - in an
"undisclosed location" (sort of like a vice-president ;)).

Thanks again - I appreciate the information!

--
Melissa

PGP Public Key: http://tinyurl.com/2cmefzy

TB! v4.2.44.2 on Windows 7 6.1.7600