On 3/17/2012, you wrote:

L>> The  messages  are:  FETCH - could not store message (file
L>> name-c:\users\lynn\temp\bat*.tmp) String looks like hex, 4
L>> characters.

> Is TheBat perhaps writing a cache file named "bat!.tmp", which
> contains a non-low-ASCII character, which fails on Wine?

That   could   be,  but  I  have  no idea how to find out.
There  is  no  such  file that I can find in any directory
under TheBat!, or under Wine that has a .tmp extension.

It seems to be deleting it after the fact.

But  what  I  really  don't  understand  is  why  this  is
happening  in  *this* account, but not in the others. They
are  all  defined  as POP. The others have more security on
them, but that's the only difference I can see.

Unless  the  fact  that the POP server is defined as an ip
would be causing a problem?

There is an exceptions log, if that would be of use?

> What file system are you using in Wine?

I don't know how to find that out, either.

I have left the Wine configuration strictly alone, because
I don't understand any of it's controls. The only thing I
changed on it was to stipulate Win7 as the OS. On looking
again, I can't find anything in the config that stipulates
a file system.

L>> Oh  ... I'd like to know whether TB! is a 32 bit or 64 bit
L>> app - I looked on the site, but couldn't find it. tia.

> It's 32 bit.

Thanks.

And  thanks  for  asking questions I can't answer, but can
seek  answers  for :-) Eventually I'll learn this stuff. I
learned DOS with a much more limited background :-)

Best -

--
Lynn
:Hawthorne: :usflag: :canadaflag:

theli...@comcast.net         * * *    Aun Aprendo
I'd rather be WARP'ed    * * *       OpenSuse 12.1