Hallo Avram,

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 21:58:22 -0500GMT (21-10-2012, 4:58 , where I
live), you wrote:

A> However, within the past 5-6 months, I have observed that a small
A> number of messages for those accounts do not get filtered with each
A> mail download and remain in an account's inbox until I use the
A> re-filter tool to properly distribute those messages. In each case,
A> the non-filtered messages belong in the last active folder (or
A> folders) in the list of that account's folders.

Are those pop3 or imap accounts?
In case they're imap accounts, you could consider deleting the imap
cache.
You're using v4.2.44. Have you considered upgrading to v5.0.36 that's
the last version that should work with a v4 license.
(http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/archive_versions/)

Is the laptop that accesses the same message base using the same
version?
It's using the same message base, is that by using the same mail
directory or is it using a local mail directory with some extra
pointing to specific account folders?

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Moderator:  Subspecies of God, native to Fidonet.
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 5.3.1
Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1
5 pop3 accounts, 2 imap accounts