Hello Roelof,

Thanks for your response.  See my comments below

Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 1:56:28 AM, you wrote:

A>> However, within the past 5-6 months, I have observed that a small
A>> number of messages for those accounts do not get filtered with each
A>> mail download and remain in an account's inbox until I use the
A>> re-filter tool to properly distribute those messages.

RO> Are those pop3 or imap accounts?

These are pop3 accounts

RO> You're using v4.2.44. Have you considered upgrading to v5.0.36 that's
RO> the last version that should work with a v4 license.
RO> (http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/archive_versions/)

Thanks.  I hadn't considered it, but I will now. :-)

RO> Is the laptop that accesses the same message base using the same
RO> version?

Yes

RO> It's using the same message base, is that by using the same mail
RO> directory or is it using a local mail directory with some extra
RO> pointing to specific account folders?

I am not sure. I thought it was using the same message base.  But, concurrent
with this problem, I have observed that one subfolder in each of two separate
mail accounts show "zero" messages on the laptop, while the thousands of
messages in these subfolders are all in place on the desktop computer.   Could
that be a sign that a local mail directory is used, with extra pointers to
specific folders?   If so, how do I fix this?

--
Avi
Avram Sacks