Hello Tony,

------------------ SNIP -------------------------

------------------ SNIP -------------------------
>> It seems that, come what may, TheBat looks to the account templates and
>> not the templates in the address book.

>> Thanks.
TH> As I understand it, TheBat can use templates from the account, folder,
TH> address book group and address book contact. Have you tried a template
TH> at  the  individual contact level? I have at least one (for my wife!)
TH> working correctly.

You've piqued my interest now as I too have fought with templates for years with
limited success.  If I may detail the templates in the order in which you list
them:

ACCOUNT: Select the account then right-click and select PROPERTIES.

FOLDER: Select the correspondent's folder then right-click and select PROPERTIES

AB Group: Select the AB Group then right-click and select PROPERTIES

AB Contact: Select a specific AB Contact then right-click and select PROPERTIES

And lastly you mention "individual contact level".  Is this last simply a
reference to #4, the AB Contact or is there yet another level?

--
Best Regards,
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 5.2.
Running Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3