Hello Thomas,

On Saturday, August 31, 2013 you wrote:

TF> Hello Jack,

TF> On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:58:42 -0500 GMT (15-Aug-13, 20:58 +0700 GMT),
TF> Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

>> I have the MESSAGES.TBB file from her Carbonite backup of the SENT folder
>> which
>> I'll try to restore today.  If the backup file is also corrupted, Carbonite
>> also
>> keeps earlier versions of everything it backs up so I should be able to
>> retrieve
>> an earlier version if necessary.

TF> Did that work?

Yes it did.  It was the first time I'd ever tried to retrieve an earlier file
from Carbonite and saw that I was presented with about 6 earlier files to choose
from (by date).  I picked one and as luck would have it, the "most important
email" was in that file.

>> I can think of no reason for all this trouble except that TB! is somehow
>> broken
>> and the only solution for that (to my knowledge) is to re-install TB! but I'm
>> not sure if I can just simply re-install it over the existing TB!.

TF> Yes, you can. In fact, I would try to just installl "again" over the
TF> existing installation before uninstalling first.

Well, since the emergency email retrieval was successful I think I'm going to
leave well enough alone.  Although, both she and I (two different computers)
have seen occasional "divide by zero" error messages pop up when TB is started.
I immediately shut TB down and re-start it and it always comes up clean, no
error messages.  She didn't know to do that and would blithely continue using TB
after she cleared the message.  I suppose we'll never know if that had anything
to do with her losing emails.  Still, I'd like to know what those messages mean.
 The next time I get one I'll contact the list for help.

Again, I'd like to thank you and everyone else who helped me with this most
recent problem.

--
Best Regards,
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 5.2.
Running Windows 7 Pro ver 6 build 7601 Service Pack 1