Hello Rick,

F>> I am running TB 5.4 on Win 8/64

F>> It has been running without problem until recently the search
F>> function (F7) freezes on searching a particular account. In that
F>> account I have noticed that some emails cannot not be read and
F>> there is a popup which says "Cannot read the base header". I was
F>> wondering if this is causing the problem and if so is there a way
F>> to rebuild the messages. Currently there are over 1200 messages in it.

R> If what Jernej doesn't fix the issue, create a new folder and drag the
R> 1200  messages  to  it.  Then  go into the empty folder and delete the
R> database  files  - the path is under the "information" tab and you can
R> just  click  it.  When  that folder is empty (except for sub folders),
R> go  back  to the Bat and drag the messages back. That makes it rewrite
R> everything

Thanks for the replies. That has got it sorted out. I went through all the
menus and must have missed it.

I have created another problem for myself. I wanted to move a sub folder to
another main folder. I went to edit folder properties and changed the Parent
Folder to the one I wanted. That was accepted but it has disappeared. It is not
in the chosen folder, nor anywhere else that I can find.

Can someone enlighten me on what has happened please.

 David                            mailto:d...@greenandgrass.co.uk