Hello MFPA,

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 21:42:39 +0000 GMT (24-Nov-13, 04:42 +0700 GMT),
MFPA wrote:

>> I use POP and yes, this means that I download all messages and
>> attachments.

> Well, there is always the possibility of using the Mail dispatcher...

I know. The reason I use POP is that in some of the countries I visit,
the internet is very slow or even off for periods of time. That's why
it's better to have the mail on the computer (start downloading and go
to have dinner first), opening them with IMAP would be excruciatingly
slow.

If I see on my mobile phone (using IMAP and only donwloading headers)
that there is an a mail with a large attachment that is not urgent, I
use the dispatcher to choose to not download it now, as it would slow
down the process of downloading all the other mails.

Here in Thailand, I use POP even though the speed it quite OK, because
I like keep messages for years and I don't want to keep them on the
server. If you download by POP (when travelling) and there are 5000
messages on the server, download slows down considerably. I have over
100,000 messages in my company account on my computer, in well over
100 folders being fed by well over 100 filters.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

under Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1