On 11/20/2013 you wrote:

>> Right   you are. I just tested a couple of POP
>> accounts, and they do  save there. IMAP strikes again
>> ... and just when I thought it was finally working!
>> lol!

> So is it a general IMAP issue, or just an IMAP issue with TB!?

I don't know - as much as I hate to say it, ThunderBird seems to
handle IMAP correctly, I just don't find TB usable. Load it up
and go and have lunch or something; it'll take that long to dl
POP, and IMAP takes much longer. Yes, I dl it all.

TB!'s IMAP module has always been a bit cranky, and my plan on
reverting to WinDoze and upgrading toTB! 5.8x was to convert that
IMAP account to POP. I was pleasantly surprised to find it seemed
to be working fast and smoothly, delighted, in fact, until the
whole mailer seemed to blow up.

If  I  thought the IMAP account was the cause of the problem, I'd
figure  out  how to convert it, but the problems seem to span all
the accounts and I hadn't thought of it in those terms.

I'm  open  to  suggestions,  thoughts,  ideas ... the prospect of
chasing  another  mailer is not attractive to me; I've been using
TB!  since v 1.3 ..? Yeah,  pretty sure it was an upgrade to 1.6,
which  I  ran  for  quite  a  while.  I've used most of the other
available  clients at  one  time  or  another,  and  have  not been
impressed.

There  are no usable email clients for Linux at all ... I ran TB!
in  WinE for the three years I ran Linux. I nearly sold you to my
brother,  a  mainframer  who  remains  unimpressed  with  desktop
systems; his vice would be Amiga, if there was better support. It
seems Amiga has a useful email client, but I've not been able yet
to get him to port it to WinDoze! lol!

Well,  one  day  at  a  time. Will keep at it for a bit, but it's
looking  bad. I'm losing correspondence, I'm pretty sure, and all
my correspondence isn't getting out. Very discouraging.

Cheers!

--
Lynn
:Hawthorne: :usflag: :canadaflag:

theli...@comcast.net         * * *    Aun Aprendo
*** Win7U ***  OVB Kubuntu Linux  13.04 ***
I'd rather be WARP'ed    * * *      Team OS/2

Windows 6, Build 7601
5.8.8