> My guess would be it doesn't matter too much, unless something
> relevant to this function changed between those version numbers. There
> would be some logic in picking the number closest to your TB! version,
> as there were less releases in between where things may have been
> changed. Or try both..

Thanks for the help! I did some more searching on the drive that holds TB;
it's not the system drive itself but another, larger one. I found a couple
of copies of the whole TB directory, stemming from long-ago disasters, and
one of them held three *.TLX files. One of them was the AM version; the
others are named ACCENT.TLX and CORRECT.TLX. Apparently the last time I
installed TB, some 5 or 6 years ago, I somehow failed to get the spell
checker fully functional although enough of it did get in to provide me the
squiggly red line beneath unrecognized words. I copied all three over to
the active directory where the international pack had put all the others,
re-started TB, and everything now seems to work properly or at least as I
would expect. I can add words, both as words to be accepted and as words to
be corrected, and they persist from day to day.

The only question I have left involves the format of TLX files; I'd like to
find a help file or article that exposes their details. They appear to be
plain text, one word to a line, and entries in the WinXP registry tell TB
which of them to use -- but they have a few mysteries, and I always want to
know what goes on behind the curtain (as in "Undocumented DOS," a book I
co-authored some 23 years ago). I'm also curious about the ACCENT.TLX file
and why it's different from the language-specific ones...

Jim                            mailto:j...@jimkyle.com

Using The Bat! v4.2.36.4 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600
Service Pack 3 on VirtualBox 4.2.18 under Xubuntu 12.04.3 with
AntiSpamSniper Version 3.2.4.5