-----Original Message-----
From: tbudl-boun...@thebat.dutaint.com
[mailto:tbudl-boun...@thebat.dutaint.com] On Behalf Of MAU
Sent: 06 February 2014 11:03
To: Tony Brookes
Subject: Re: Secure E-mail again!

Hello Tony,

> The closest I get is an error from The Bat! Saying 'Message not sent.
> Server reply - must be authenticated'

I may be wrong, but I think the error message is telling you what the problem
is. What is your setting for Authentication?

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)

Thanks MAU,

Authentication settings are as follows: -

'Perform SMTP Authentication (RFC 2554)' is ticked

Use Specific Settings is active with username and password

'Require secure authentication' is ticked

The Biometric elements are greyed out

'Use POP before SMTP authentication' is NOT ticked now, following Feli's
suggestion

It doesn't appear to be making a difference.

Tony Brookes
Moderator and Reviewer
Smartphonegurus.com