Hello Chris,

CW> Hello Achdut18,

CW> On Thursday, February 27, 2014,  you wrote:

>> OK.   Anxious to set up TB! on my new laptop, I was unable to wait for
>> a  response  to  my  most recent post, and went ahead and followed the
>> advice that Thomas Fernandez gave in his post from Feb. 18, 2014.

CW> <snip>

CW> In my experience TB's internal backkup and restore is totally
CW> unreliable, and has been for years. It should either be repaired or
CW> removed !

CW> I now use Second Copy, which you can trial with no usage restrictions
CW> during the trial, or just RAR up the whole TB! directory structure and
CW> transfer like that. I use RAR rather than ZIP as it seems the
CW> resulting file is more compact, and its error checking is better.

Thanks, Chris,

I  followed  your  advice  and  was  able  to  just  copy the whole TB
directory.   I  didn't  use  ZIP  or  RAR;  I  just copied and pasted,
although it took a while.

Now there is a new problem: I downloaded e-mail from all my gmail
accounts and discovered that e-mail downloaded on to one computer does
not then load on to the second computer when mail is downloaded to the
second computer. In the wee hours of the morning, this is not a
problem, as there are few messages being sent, and they are most
unimportant. G-mail is left on the server forever, so it's not as if
it is being deleted upon download. Moreover, I can still see the newly
downloaded  e-mail  on my cell phone.   So, why does a download to one
computer  on  the  network preclude a download of the same mail to the
second  computer?    Is  it  because  the  computers  are using the IP
address  on  the  public  side  of  the  modem?    If so, is there any
solution besides using a synchronization program?

Synchronization  is  fine  while both computers are inside on the same
network.    But,   if  I  go  away for a business trip for a 2-4 days,
and  I  download  mail,  then my wife won't see it until I return.   Is
there a solution?

--
Avi

Avram  Sacks, using The Bat! ver. 5.8.2 on WinXP sp3  and 6.0.0 on Win 7 Pro