Hi

On Saturday 1 March 2014 at 3:30:14 PM, in
<mid:1774961330.20140301163...@gmail.com>, MAU wrote:

> Have you read my reply
> <mid:1526666814.20140227123...@gmail.com> to Achdut18?

Yes.

> Log in to your Gmail account and take a look to
> "Settings (the button on the top right) -> Settings ->
> Forwarding and POP/IMAP -> When messages are accessed
> with POP". I'd bet your setting there is "delete
> Gmail's copy".

Without looking, I know that is what I have set there. I always pick
the equivalent to that with any email provider.

> And what you select here is what Gmail will do,
> completely ignoring,  yes, whatever settings you have
> in TB.

The settings in TB! effect what TB! tells the POP server during
message download. The fact that telling TB! to "keep messages on
server for X days" works with all providers except gmail suggests that
gmail deviates from the POP protocol. Or else that everybody else
does.

It doesn't much matter: my gmail account is rarely used, and I usually
download messages just once.

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-gro...@riseup.net

Wisdom is a companion to age; yet age may travel alone.

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3