> If you already have GnuPG (or PGP) installed,

I have GnuPG installed but failed to make a The Bat
new mail template ... despite the help site.
Moreover, I do not know how to organize it automated
in TB to use GnuPG with contacts who also use it and not
to use it with those who don't.
Neither do I know if it also works when people use another
PGP program.
Anyway, I wrote simple mails to some people proposing to
use mail encryption, but they all considered it too much work
(it indeed would include to dive into the matter ... docs, manuals
to understand it and to implement it).
Instead, two of them counter-proposed to use VPN.

Resuming, I have to admit, that encrypting mail is still a
complicated issue for someone who does not know the
subject matter - IMO that hasn't become much easier
since I in vain tried it some 5 years ago.
Well, at least, secure sending and recieving does work.

Rather disappointed,
Gunivortus