Hi

On Sunday 12 April 2020 at 3:39:44 AM, in
<mid:291923411.20200412093...@gmx.net>, Thomas Fernandez wrote:-

> Interesting, because my error message mentions avast:

>>[...]
>>12-Apr-20, 09:31:04: FETCH - Issuer: generated by
>>avast! antivirus for SSL/TLS scanning, avast! Web/Mail
>>Shield, avast! Web/Mail Shield Root.

Avast inserts itself as a proxy or "man in the middle" to be able to
scan the traffic on SSL/TLS/HTTPS connections. That's why the
certificate says "generated by avast! antivirus for SSL/TLS scanning".
That certificate is only used to encrypt the connection from Avast to
The Bat!. A quick web search on "antivirus tls scanning" suggests that
AVG and Kapersky do it this way as well

Do you get the same if, under Options | S/MIME and TLS..., you tell
The Bat! to use Microsoft CryptoAPI (Windows Certificate Store)
instead of Internal Implementation (The Bat! Address Book)?

--
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2017-r3sgs86x8e-lists-gro...@riseup.net>

Never interrupt me when I'm trying to interrupt you.

Using The Bat! Version 8.8.2.5 (BETA) (64-bit) on Windows 10.0 Build 18362