Peter Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Uwe Brockmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > The POP server for my account is pop.gmx.de.  After starting The Bat!
> > I can retrieve e-mail from the POP server only once.  All susequent
> > attempts to retrieve my e-mail result in a
> >
> >         FETCH - Could not connect to the server
> >
> > error message from The Bat!.  When I quit The Bat! and restart it I can
> > once again retrieve my e-mail but only once.
>
> I have a similar problem, but not that bad as yours. I can retrieve my
> mail multiple times without problems (even in intervals shorter than
> one minute), but i can't SEND mails anymore after i have made a
> successful connection to the pop server.
>
> For those who don't know gmx: gmx uses SMTP-after-POP, and I suppose
> the problem has to do with the "POP before SMTP" checkbox in the
> advanced SMTP options.

I had a problem similar to yours that prevented me from sending e-mail
messages.  However, it was not the same problem.

When I had checked "Combined delivery (send+receive)" I was unable
to send e-mail messages.  I believe that the underlying problem was my
inability to successfully POP mail from the server more than once in one
session.  While I am still unable to solve that underlying problem, I
was able to get mail sending to work again by unchecking "Combined
delivery (send+receive)".

Even though your problem is different you may want to try unchecking
"Combined delivery (send+receive)" to see whether it affects your
problem.

Uwe Brockmann, [EMAIL PROTECTED]