Wolfgang Kynast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Uwe Brockmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > The POP server for my account is pop.gmx.de.  After starting The Bat!
> > I can retrieve e-mail from the POP server only once.  All susequent
> > attempts to retrieve my e-mail result in a
> >
> >         FETCH - Could not connect to the server

> Hmmm, strange. No problems with pop.gmx.de here.

It is nice to know that you are not having any problems.  I suspect that
the problem is caused by some strange interaction between TB! and
Windows 2000.

> What do you use as user id ('Benutzername'), your email
> address or your customer number?

I use my customer number.  My e-mail address is not accepted by the
mail server as a user id.

When I retrieve my e-mail by hand by telnetting directly to port 110
of the mail server instead of using TB!, I get the following error
message when I try to supply my e-mail address with the POP3 user
command (after supplying my password with the POP3 pass command):

        Please login with customer number - Bitte mit Ihrer Kundennummer
        anmelden

Then I get disconnected.  I believe that this is the correct behaviour
for the mail server.  When I use my customer number with the POP3 user
command I do not get an error message and can retrieve my e-mail.  This
is also as it should be.

Uwe Brockmann, [EMAIL PROTECTED]