Yesterday morning as I was reading a message, a dialog box appeared
and announced that the "messages.tbi" file was corrupt and I should
run chkdsk.  (Windows NT 4, SP 5.)

I closed all my apps, rebooted, and during the boot chkdsk ran (I
guess WinNT sensed that it needed to be run?). During the chkdsk
process, I saw several messages indicating "deleting corrupt file
record segment" and several instances of "deleting index entry."

Back in Windows, I launched The Bat! and it behaved normally. (I also
checked and found that messages.tbi is the file name used in every
mail folder, so of course I don't know *which* one was corrupt.)

I've been using The Bat! for the past 24 hours since getting the
message without any problems, but I admit I'm a little nervous. Should
I use a backup of *all* mail folders from the day before the
corruption occurred? Am I risking some recurrence and lost messages?
Or, if everything is behaving normally now, am I being a nervous
Nellie for even wondering?

Thanks in advance for any advice from the veteran The Bat! users.

Orson

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice  707 778 9126
Fax  707 765 9440