Hi SyP,

On 21 July 2000 at 00:38:55 GMT +0200 (which was 23:38 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points on the subject
of ""Corrupt" TBI file -- should I use a backup?":

DH>>> And the Flagging, color groups, memos, ... are lost!?

MDP>> It  shouldn't be. The TBI files are only the indexes to the mail-base.
MDP>> They  speed up access to the TBB data content. The TBB files are where
MDP>> the actual data is held.

S> I'm sure that at least memos are stored in the index files... Probably
S> the other two are too...

Well!  Now  I'm  shocked! Memos are indeed stored in the TBI file. Or,
perhaps,  the  association of a memo to a message is stored in the TBI
file alone. That is more likely.

The  other  two are *not* held in the TBI. A coloured, flagged message
with  a  memo  lost  the  memo  after I erased the TBI file and let it
recreate. It kept the flag and coloration.

Well. That's that clarified.

Stefan - memos and TBIs? What's the story?

--
Cheers,
.\\arck

Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA
www: http://www.silverstones.com
PGP key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY>