Hi Ben,

>>>  What I would like to do is to click and hold the left mouse
>>> button while I drag the cursor down the list of messages, and
>>> then release it , and had have all of the messages the cursor
>>> passed over highlighted. Then move the cursor to the wastebasket
>>> to delete them.

> I can do what I was talking about in Eudora, or many other Windows
> based programs... Just surprised i couldn't do so in TB. :-)))

Yes, Eudora has an option for this. But then you loose the
convenience to drag and drop a message in one pass. I.e., in TB (and
most other Windows programs), you click on a message, and move it
while holding the mouse down. In Eudora with the option on (or
others with the feature you describe), the same behavior would
simply mark more messages, even when you're moving toward the folder
tree, not down the message list. You have to release the mouse click
first, then re-click (and hold) again to drag the selected messages,
even when there's only one message to move.

Unless it's implemented the way OS/2 does as Steve described, such
trade off is inevitable. Well, nothing is perfect. I agree it would
be nice if TB could provide such an option, though.

Ming-Li

Using The Bat! 1.45 S/MIME under Win2k