Hi Joe,

Monday, July 31, 2000, 8:40:43 PM, you wrote:

> It sounds like we're almost speaking different languages, and certain
> words just don't mean the same to each of us.

You are speaking different languages.  You are speaking "Eudora" and
they are speaking "The Bat!"  As someone who has used Eudora for
several years and who is just learning to speak "TB" let me give it a
try.

What is called a personality in Eudora is called an account in TB.

What is called a mailbox in Eudora is called a folder in TB.

What is called a folder with mailboxes in it in Eudora is called a
folder with subfolders in TB.

Filters in TB are set up by each account (i.e. personality).  They are
set up somewhat differently than in Eudora but they can be set to
automatically take incoming messages (or outgoing or whatever) and
move them to another folder or a host of other things.

There is no equivalent in Eudora to the ticker in TB.  To be honest,
while it seems cool to me I haven't yet used it to look at all my new
messages mostly because I am on a lot of mailing lists and I tend to scan the preview
pane and
delete entire threads without reading them so the ticker would not
work well for me to look at all messages since I delete so many
unread.

Anyway, the ticker runs like a (surprise!) stock ticker across your
desktop showing you basic info (who from, subject and I forget what
else) about new messages that come in to you.  The default is that it
shows you this for all new messages regardless of which folder you
filter them to.  Now in my case, I have set the ticker up so that the
mail that comes in that is mailing list mail is filtered to a specific
"in" folder for each mailing list.  In the properties for each such
folder, I have indicated that mail in the folder should *not* be
included in the ticker.  I also filter all incoming mail that is
personally addressed to me and is not mailing list mail to a special
folder.  Only the mail going to this folder shows up on the tickers.
The net result is that the typical junk mail ends up in TB's InBox and
it is marked to not appear in the ticker.

Oh, and getting back to your original question, colour groups in TB!
are similar to what are called labels in Eudora.  In Eudora labels can
be named and are then a column in the preview pane and mail can be
sorted by label.  I don't think you can do that with a colour group.

 Katsmeow                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Using The Bat! 1.46 Beta/1
        under Windows 98 4.10 Build
1998