Hi Jamie,
On Wednesday 02/08/2000 at 20:32, you wrote:

SL>>     The GNU text utils would work wonders here.

SL>> type file | sort | uniq > file.new
<snip>

> I've never used GNU text editing tools.

You don't know what you're missing :)  I'm not Linux's no.1 fan anymore
(in some ways it's *very* difficult to use, but I refuse to discuss that
on this list).

However: the GNU tools are extremely useful and a lot easier to use
than you think... I think they were ported to Win32 as well, which
makes Steve's point more valid to those who aren't Linux zealots.

I think my fave GNU tool has to be grep... for example: Suppose you
had a list of email addresses that you pulled from the TBUDL list. You
want to find anyone who uses AOL, to place in a killfile (hey, I'm
still allowed to be evil!)
You type "cat tbudladdresses.txt | grep aol" and it would list anyone
with AOL in their address.  You then export the output to a real "kill
file".  Super!

--
Deryk Lister  ||  ICQ 25869912  ||  www.deryk.co.uk
"..." -- Cid, after feeding him a fish

PGP: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=Retr%20PGP%20Key
Any of my keys _under_ 3072 bit (usually on keyservers) don't work.