Greetings Kenneth!

On  Wednesday, August 09, 2000  at  21:00:50 GMT -0700 (which was 9:00 PM where you
think I live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

>>SL> How is it supposed to?
>>If I knew I wouldn't be asking. I asked why can't it be done. I'm
>>actually giving PMMail the benefit of the doubt and assuming that the
>>reason why it doesn't work like that is because it can't be done.
>>Anyway, if a 'hook' can be used to open the editor, I don't see why one
>>can't be used to close it. I'm not a programmer as you know so please
>>clarify for me.

KP> One can invoke a child process (ie. an editor) with specified arguments
KP> (ie. name of the message file) and then wait for it to exit. In PMMail
KP> I click on the "external editor" button and the current message window
KP> disappears and Epsilon (a commercial Emacs clone) opens with the
KP> message (no header, though). When I'm done editing, I save the file
KP> (typically a temp file) and exit Epsilon, and the message window
KP> reopens with the modified text.

KP> When configuring the editor, one can specify the command line to use to
KP> launch it, including where in the command line to put the message file
KP> name.

KP> Another approach is to use a DDE-aware editor. (Epsilon is also one of
KP> these.) The client program (eg. TB or PMMail) can send a DDE message to
KP> an existing instance of such a program to open a file, and register
KP> some kind of callback or reply address (I don't know the details) to
KP> register when the file is saved and it's time to send. One could then
KP> configure a hot-key in the editor to send a "send this message" command
KP> back to the mail client. PMMail does NOT implement this kind of
KP> capability, though. Epsilon could in principle be configured to work
KP> with this interface. It can also invoke entry points in user-supplied
KP> DLL's to provide an arbitrary interface.

I wonder if TB_addon.dll is something we need to make this work?      caould we figure
out a way to replace batpgpxx.dll with another onoe
and select it from the menu

--
... Intermittent monitor problems can always be cured with The Bat!
--- The Bat! 1.46 Beta/3 + 98Lite + Revenge of Mozilla II