On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:52:56 +0100, Marck D. Pearlstone wrote:

HDS>> so,   have   I   just   missed  a  way  of  doing  this?  (hoping
HDS>> desperately...!)

MDP> Boy,  have you! Templates may be defined individually for every folder
MDP> and  for  every  recipient  in  the  address  book. I achieve the best
MDP> results  (IMHO  and for my purposes) by exclusively using Address Book
MDP> templates  for  groups of people (Family, Friends, Contacts, etc.) and
MDP> individuals since templates can be defined at all of these levels.
<snip>

I'd also like to add that there are two aspects about quick templates
that you may not realize. For each quick template, you can define a
handle-name (qt handle) and then to apply it to a message, instead of
going through the menus, you may simply type <qthandle><CTRL><SpaceBar>.

Additionally, instead of highlighting the old template, you may also use
the %CLEAR macro in your quick template. What this will do is erase
everything in the message body and then apply the quick template.

So for example, I've personally defined a template for software tech
support with the handle name 'ts'. Whenever I wish to send a message for
tech support, I click on the browser mailto: link which will generate a
message addressed to tech support. I then type in the message body
'ts<CTRL><SpaceBar>' where the default template is completely erased and
replaced with the tech support one automagically. :-)

--
A. Curtis Martin..
Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA  |  PGP Key ID: 0xEE079937