Hi Havivah,

On 12 September 2000 at 16:49:40 GMT -0400 (which was 21:49 where I
live) Havivah D. Schwartz wrote and made these points on the subject
of "automatic customized reply templates?":

HDS>>> so,   have   I  just  missed  a  way  of  doing  this?  (hoping
HDS>>> desperately...!)

MDP>> Boy,  have you!

HDS> *foolish grin* Who would ever have thought that customized reply
HDS> templates would be tied to the addressbook?

Actually,  /you/  did <g>! I over-trimmed your original query and lost
the  fact  that  the  answer  was  in your question: "I'd like to have
customized  templates  pop  up automatically when I reply to different
people".  If  you  want  per-people templates then the Address Book is
(kind of) the obvious answer when you think about it :-).

HDS> Nevertheless I think it would be really nice to have a button in
HDS> the Options-Quick Templates dialog that would take you right to
HDS> the AddressBook. (e.g., "edit templates in address book").

Except that there's another pointer missing here - they don't actually
have  a  connection. "Quick Templates" aren't templates IMHO - I think
they are better thought of as "user defined variables".

I use QTs liberally throughout my AB and default templates in the form
of  %QINCLUDE="QTname"  statements.  Most  of  my actual templates are
built from custom components defined in the QTs.

HDS> Ah well, can't have *everything*

Oh,  you'd  be  surprised  :-)!  IMHO it is the combination of QTs and
recipient  templates that makes TB *the* most automatically expressive
e-mail client around.

HDS> Thanks for the help!

You are most welcome. Enjoy.

- --
Cheers,
.\\arck
[    Marck D. Pearlstone | Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA              ]
[ PGP Key ID: 0x929DCDA0 | www: http://www.silverstones.com      ]
[ PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY> ]

 Kids Stuff:
Cyanide is so poisonous that one drop of it on a
dogs tongue will kill the strongest man.
TB! v1.46 Beta/5 S/N 14F4B4B2 on Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998