Hallo Mark,

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:50:50 +0100 GMT (14/09/2000, 21:50 +0800 GMT),
Mark R Harding wrote:

MRH> The big warning here is that the 'Outbox' folder under TB is not set
MRH> by default to automatically compress and purge.

Since the sent messages are copied to the Sent folder, this surprises
me on second thought. They are not, for no reason, needed to remain in
the Outbox, so one would not suspect them to be there. But yo are
right, I just checked, and all messages I ever sent are there, taking
up huge amounts of disk space of course.

MRH> Normally, I have all my folders set to 'compress and purge' when
MRH> TB exits - it adds about 30 seconds to the programs close

I used to that that with all folders and took up to ten minutes. The
purging cannot be cancelled, and if you hit "close" by mistakem, this
also cannot be cancelled. That's why I purge&compress manually.

MRH> Needless to say, the purge/compress flag is permanently set on my
MRH> Outbox now... just in case. :)

I just did that too. It's just one folder per account. ;-)

MRH> I believe horses have a relevant expression regarding stable doors and
MRH> bolting...

This must be an English expression...

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM