At 16:01 17-09-2000 +0200, Dierk Haasis kindly wrote:
 >Sunday, September 17, 2000, 4:57:18 AM, you wrote:

 >> So I came here. And now you say I can't say chili peppers? Fuck.

 >  I am usually not the one to get personal on this list but ... can't
 >  you as a professional writer not find other ways to express your
 >  feelings? Isn't that what writing - especially good writing - is all
 >  about?
 >  Or ... are you ...?

Yes, I am a writer and I am very capable of expressing
myself in myriad ways. But when I get terribly annoyed
and want to bring that point across in a straight and
direct manner, expletives are very efficient. That's why we have them.

The reason why I got annoyed was twofold: although I
got a number of very friendly and helpful replies on
this list, some people were very quick to write off my
questions to newbeism and general lack of
understanding (Steve Lamb spings to mind, who later
even became downright insulting).
        Another reason is that TB's editor seems to have
acquired religious status here: there are staunch
defendors who will say that perseverance will bring
enlightenment, while others grab a comment on TB's
editor and use it in their personal crusade. Such
ritual fights tend to irritate me.

But I'll abstain from using expletives here in the future.
        (Good thing that I just had a new .sig btw. You won't
mind me not quoting it ;-) )

- K -

--
"When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said
Humpty Dumpty, "I always pay it extra.'"