Hello Gary,
On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 19:45:17 -0500 GMT your local time,
which was Monday, September 18, 2000, 7:45:17 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Gary wrote:

> Hi Nick,

> On Sunday, September 17, 2000, 7:16 PM, you wrote in part about "Steve
> Lamb has left the building":

N>> While I know Steve can be his own worse enemy, I too will miss his
N>> presence on this list.  I owe my entire filtering scheme to his help,
N>> and learned many things from him about email proggies and software in
N>> general.

> I am sure he has had a contribution to the list, or to certain
> individuals, but overall this was a long time coming.  I am not going
> to belittle him, nor bring up individual kindnesses that were done,
> but certainly with the abuse towards certain people, causing Alex to
> leave the list, for example (among others), for which I missed a lot
> in my early days having to do with regular expressions, which Alex is
> notoriously good at.

ref ALEX: (sorry just see the dead horse):
he is/was busy preparing some extreemly foggy subject in math for his
final thesis, seems worse then regular expressions to me (g).
I have been to busy to check if he already finsihed it but his
departure wasnt Steve as only reason, he was just plain busy with
work...

Best regards,

tracer

--

Using theBAT 1.46 Beta/3 with Windows NT
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]