On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 07:06:24 -0400, Paula Ford wrote:

PF> The tool bars could be slimmer in all views - the icons are swimming in
PF> them - as well as configurable and more functions available for the
PF> toolbars.

Agreed. They seem to have promised this in version 2.

PF> The main window could have more options for configuration of the panes.

Yes. A full-width message list is needed.

PF> On my machine, the column headings over the folder list pane, which I
PF> have at full height on the left, are thicker than the column headings
PF> over the message list, which I have on the top right. Not a big deal,
PF> but it looks patched together.

PF> There could be a choice of fonts used for the folders and messages
PF> lists.

There's a font choice for the message list via the message list colour
configuration panel. The folder list does need configurable fonts. :-/

PF> The Macros context menu needs to be reorganized, or another way found,
PF> as some of the panels are gigantic now.

Agreed. :-)

PF> The menus could be re-organized to be more logical and intuitive. Why,
PF> for example, are "Quick Templates" an Option and not a Tool, and the
PF> check and send all function under Tools, instead of Account. The main
PF> window menus would, IMO, be more logically ordered: Account, Folder,
PF> Message, View, Tools, Options.

PF> Lots of little changes could be made in both the menu bars and context
PF> menus to improve usability. For example, move the Dial Up Monitor to
PF> Tools from Options and make its menu choices - Show, Show Automatically,
PF> Show Always, Hide.

Agreed AGAIN. These are very good points here, Paula!!

PF> That's off the top of my head. :)

Very insightful Paula. Thanks for a great post. :-)

- --
A. Curtis Martin..
Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA  |  PGP Key ID: 0xEE079937
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey
- ---
** "It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds. "
Using TB! v1.46d «» Win2k Pro SP1