On Wednesday, September 20, 2000, 5:51:49 PM, A. wrote:

JA>> This resizing is a property of the first column. I don't care
JA>> for it much, but there are few good solutions. As Allie
JA>> mentioned, Xnews has a pretty good system, but it is an all or
JA>> none view. You see all the thread, or none of it.

> I don't understand what you mean there.

I've stopped using XNews for quite a while, so I'm not exactly sure
how it behaves. But if it's similar to Agent, then what Januk means
is that you can open/close a thread, but not part of it. In TB, each
sub-thread has its own little "+/-" sign that opens/closes it, but
not in Agent (and maybe XNews).

In general I like Agent's way of threading, as you described,
especially in that it shows the subject line once, and then showing
author names only using the combined space for subject and author,
giving it enough room to visualize the threading structure. Yet it's
not without shortcomings. Aside from what Januk suggested, it
doesn't allow rearranging column structure (except adjusting the
width of columns). That's why I said I've got a better idea (for a
perfect threaded view).

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5 | Win2k SP1